Pages

Monday 23 July 2012

Week 6

Hello wonderful visitors!

I've been very slack in posting, we have been a house of cold and flu for our entire school holidays. Thank goodness they are fighting fit and ready to go back tomorrow. I have successfully been 6 weeks sugar free. Woohoo. I feel so much calmer and more content now. I feel clearer in my mind and decision making is easier. I feel like I can handle stressful situations more easily as well, however this may be tested in our first week back at school.

The healthy chef is my latest foodie find. She has fabulous, achievable recipes from ingredients you mostly already have in your pantry. I am currently eating the wonderful chocolate cupcakes, while my sister has whipped up the hazelnut fudge. She does use honey and dates as sweeteners, which I think is perfectly fine, especially if you are 'weaning' the kids off refined sugars. I did switch the honey for rice malt syrup in my cupcakes, but to be honest I couldnt identify any sweetness in them. They are light and fluffy though.

My gluten free efforts are not going as well. It is quite difficult to find foods without gluten while travelling or out with the kids and in a rush. There is definite room for improvement here!

Linley x

No comments:

Post a Comment