Pages

Monday 11 March 2013

Being Kind.


Last Friday I decided to do something kind for myself. I had restarted this blog and had worked quite hard on it, so I decided to 'treat' myself by using a voucher given to me for a massage. It was actually quite hard to sit still and relax in the waiting room. My phone was confiscated (the horror) so there were no distractions, thank goodness I didn't have to wait long!





The last time I had a massage was in June last year in Byron Bay, and it was the most amazing massage I have ever had. The therapist, Tanya Barker, was just lovely and focused on trying to get me to relax and work out ALL those kinks. I vowed that I would come home from my holiday and have one every month...

Well that hasn't happened but other great things did come out of it. Some emotional buttons were pressed and it was here I realised I had to DO something about changing the way I felt about myself and my body. I quit sugar right there, on my holiday in Byron Bay and discovered the great Sarah Wilson, who kickstarted the changes in my life.

Phew, why is it that we need to leave home to see ourselves and resolve to change things that have been nagging at us for ages? I can not understand why most Mums, and women in general, don't do nice things for themselves more often. Why, why, why? Are we not worth looking after? It doesn't have to be an expensive thing, just taking time out to sit and relax, have a cup of tea and daydream. Don't plan the week ahead or worry about you worries!

Anywho, back to the massage! They are obviously so therapeutic and here are some reasons you should have one too.We have all read articles and books about looking after ourselves first, but never actually do it. I for one am going to start being kind to myself more often.

Go on and be nice to yourself.



Linley xx

No comments:

Post a Comment