Pages

Sunday 10 March 2013

Sunday arvo Bliss Balls


These beautiful date and almond balls are one of my and Miss C's favourite go to afternoon snacks. There are plenty of recipes out there, this is my current version.


Bliss Balls

250 gm Almonds (walnuts or cashews could be used but Miss A is allergic to walnuts)
1  1/2 tbls Cacao powder (or cocoa)
big pinch of cinnamon
pinch of salt
splash of vanilla
10 Fresh dates

Garnish with cacao, coconut or crushed nuts

I am the proud (and lucky) owner of a thermomix so I just throw things in there, however a food processor would be great also.
Whizz up almonds, cacao, cinnamon, salt until the mix is a crumbly texture.
Add vanilla and dates and process until combined and you can form a ball that holds together. I usually need to add a couple of tablespoons of water to get the right consistency.

Cover the balls in coconut, cacao or other crushed nuts for decoration - I couldn't wait!



Store in fridge for up to 2 weeks in sealed container.

Enjoy!

Linley xx

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! Have to whip up a batch soon x

    ReplyDelete