Pages

Tuesday 5 March 2013

Why are you so tired, foggy and frazzled?

It could be adrenal fatigue!

I dont know about you, but I am tired, forgetful and fried most of the time. After researching and trying all sorts of health remedies, excercise and simply sleeping more - all to no avail, I realise I may have adrenal fatigue.

Adrenal fatigue is generally caused by increased stress for a prolonged peiod. Little glands sit above your kidneys and produce cortisol to keep you going during stressful periods until they simply run out. They are there to control your immune system, normalize blood sugar and regulate blood pressure.

If you are suffering these symptoms you should consult a health professional:
  1. You feel tired for no reason
  2. You have trouble getting up on the morning
  3. Feel rundown or overwhelmed
  4. Crave sweet or salty foods
  5. Feel most awake and alert after 6pm
  6. Increased allergies
  7. Lightheaded when getting up or down from sitting or laying down positions.

It would be fair to say that I have experienced a whopping great s&%$tload of stress in the last 3 years. The result of this period of time in my life has left my so rundown that I will catch EVERY SINGLE cold, flu and sniffle my beautiful babies bring home from school. In fact, I've got one right now. After my bootcamp class, at a respectable 9.15am in the morning, I will go home and sleep for 2 hours. That is not normal.

I hear though, there are remedies that may help me, are you interested????

Some recommedations for supplements are : (Please, always consult your doctor or naturopath before taking any of these supplements as they may interfere with previous conditions or other mediction.)

  • Ashwaganda
  • Licorice Plus
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium and magnesium


Drink lots of water, rest, remove stress, eliminate sugar, caffeine and alcohol. You should eat regular frequent small meals, laugh and excercise (lightly).

There is another complicating issue, as adrenal fatigue is also linked to thyroid disfunction. Unfortunately for me I also have hypothyroidism (underactive).

The beautiful Kris Carr has written some excellent posts about this issue and Dr Wilson has a wonderful website explaining all of this in more detail.

So if you think this could be you, make an appointment and get it checked out. The sooner you get onto it the better for you and everyone who loves you.

Linley xx


No comments:

Post a Comment